Location: New Delhi
Period of time: 4h
Price: from 32,05€ per person (Scale price)
Category: Geschichte und Archäologie
India Tours & Packages
from 1 person 57,46€ per person
from 2 person 41,99€ per person
from 3 person 37,57€ per person
from 4 person 32,05€ per person
Participants: 1-10 person (Open tour)
Groups:5% Group discount from 5 persons
Early Booking:from 14 days 5% discount
Booking option:Booking on fixed rate
Duration :: 4 Hrs Approx
Destination Covered :: Akshardham Temple, New Delhi
Activity Operates :: Daily Except Monday
Activity Start :: 16:00 Hrs approx at New Delhi
Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
You will meet our representative,then walk together towards the Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple. The magnificent temple officially opened in 2005, and consists of carved pillars, beautiful domes and excellent handmade sculptures of Hindu Gods and Goddess.
Head into the temple complex with your guide, and learn from them about the ideas and beliefs that the marvelous building was built upon. Akshardham Temple welcomes people from all places, backgrounds, faiths and beliefs and teaches everyone to do the same. As you walk around the temple, you will see the beautifully designed marble flooring and the huge domes with marble carved pillars. Continue to explore the amazing building, built with pink sandstone and marble, and see the mandir which is the spiritual center of the entire complex. Admire the murtis (sculptures of the Hindu God) of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and his successors, Shri Radha-Krishna, Shri Sita-Ram, Shri Lakshmi-Narayan and Shri Parvati-Shiva, which reside in the intricately carved abode.
After visiting the main temple, take a step into the refreshment area where you may enjoy a cup of tea and vegetarian sandwich.
Finally, it’s time to visit the musical water show. The 15-minute fountain show is called, “Cycle of Life” and takes place as the sun sets. After the show, walk back to the departure Location.
- Bottled water for each Guest
- English speaking Guide
- Entry fee where applicable
- All present applicable taxes
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Some places of worship will require your head to be covered; Kindly carry a scarf or a handkerchief with you
- Cameras and mobile phones are not allowed inside Akshardham Temple; these devices can be held for you in the cloakroom before entry
- The overall duration of the tour may vary depending on the time spent at each site