Private Themed Tours in Crete- Cult...
Participants: 1-6 person (Only group booking)
Booking option:Booking on fixed rate
Areas of Visit/ Activities :
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos
- Sightseeing tour in the town of Heraklion including a visit to the town's open air market
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant in Heraklion market street (optional)
We start our day visiting the most important archaeological site on Crete and the second most visited archaeological site of the country, the Minoan palace of Knossos, the mythical Labyrinth of Hommer. We will be visiting an amazing area of 22. 000sq meters. A prehistoric "city", the place where the oldest European civilization started and flourished some 5000 years ago.
A sightseeing tour in the capital town of Crete will follow focusing on the unique Venetian monuments which the town offers, such as the Venetian fountain of Morosini, The Basilica of St. Marc, The Venetian Loggia, St. Titos church, the Venetian Port with the Fortress of "Koule" etc.
A walk inside the town's open-air market will make our senses awaken with its different and various smells, colors and sounds, while a traditional meal in one of the town's traditional restaurants will give us the chance to experience the Cretan cuisine in one of the places where the locals would go for a meal.
My guiding services I.e. my knowledge in history, mythology and the arts, a lot of tips about things you can do while on Crete, the opportunuty to take you to places where the locals would go and share my good mood and humorous spirit.
- Your Entrance tickets for the Palace of knossos ( 6 euro per person)
- Your tranfer by taxi/ local bus from and to the Port/Airport/ Your Hotel. From Knossos Palace to the town's center the local bus is suggested. In this case the bus tickets are also extra.
- Your lunch cost in Heraklion (optional) paid locally
Your Transportation can be arranged upon request on extra charge