Private Themed Tours in Crete- Cult...
Participants: 1-14 person (Only group booking)
Registration:2 days before deadline
Booking option:Booking on fixed rate
Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
Open-air Market of Heraklion
Lunch in a traditional restaurant inside the Market Street
We start our day visiting the most important archaeological site on Crete and the second most visited archaeological site of the country, the Minoan palace of Knossos, the mythical Labyrinth of Hommer. Concentrating on the prehistoric era of the island, revealing its unique historic course and penetrating into its ancient prehistoric cult, arts and ritual practices, we will be visiting an amazing area of 22.000sq meters. A prehistoric “city”, the place where the oldest European civilization started and flourished some 5000 years ago.
Our journey into prehistoric times is being completed by visiting the biggest prehistoric collection of artifacts in Greece, the archaeological museum of Heraklion, where we can see at close range all treasures from all Minoan palaces and other Minoan areas excavated on Crete.
A walk inside the town’s open-air market will make our senses awaken with its different and various smells, colors and sounds, while a traditional meal in one of the town’s “mezedopolia” (traditional restaurant serving local delicacies) will give us the chance to experience the Cretan cuisine in one of the places that the locals would go for a meal.
The Minoan Ritual Dance: In a beautiful natural park near the town’s center you can experience a two hours session on the Minoan Ritual Dance, in theory and practice (for more info see Elissos Travelling Philosophy: Body Field: Prehistoric Ritual Dance approach).
- My services as an official licensed tourist guide
- Your transporation on a new, fully air conditioned mini bus
- A professional driver
- The exclusive Minoan Ritual Dance session
- Lunch costs, paid locally
- Entrance fees for the Sites ( 15 euro pp)
- For the Minoan ritual dance session no previous dance experience is necessary. The practice part can be adjusted to your physical capacities and background; still it is considered self understood that everyone should be responsible for his own body.