City tours in Addis Ababa and Ethop...
Participants: 1-6 person (Only group booking)
Registration:7 days before deadline
Booking option:Booking on fixed rate
Addis Ababa (meaning “the New Flower” in Ethiopia’s official language) is the largest city and Capital City of Ethiopia, the biggest diplomatic base in Africa, the seat of the Head Quarters of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and the Head Quarters of the African Union.
This 8 – 9 hours tour of Addis Ababa takes visitors to the most interesting places of the city, meet the people from the different ethnic groups of the country, taste delicious Ethiopian meals at a local restaurant, drive to the peak of Addis Ababa – Mount Entoto which makes Addis Ababa the highest capital city from Africa with 3,200 meters elevation above sea level, and take part in a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony.
The tour is by drive with a comfortable private Toyota Minivan equipped with air conditioning and seat belts, and led by an experienced professional English speaking tour guide.
Some of the sites included in the city tour are: -
- National Museum of Ethiopia (where the fossil remains of the oldest hominid – Lucy (3.2 million years old) is housed in
- Merkato market – the biggest outdoor market in the whole of Africa
- Holy Trinity Cathedral (where the last Emperor of Ethiopia – Emperor Haile Sillassie I is buried at)
- Eat deliciously hot Ethiopian meal for lunch at one of the best traditional restaurants of Addis Ababa
- Attend a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. It would be one of the best cup of coffee you ever had as Ethiopia is the birth place of Coffee from its Kaffa province
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Addis Ababa from Mount Entoto
- Drive on the main streets of Addis Ababa to see the number of historical monuments and major international institutions
Price includes: -
- Comfortable private Toyota Minivan equipped with air conditioning and seat belts
- Fuel (gasoline) and driver’s allowance
- Experienced professional English speaking tour guide
- Hotel/Airport pick up and drop off
- Bottled water in the vehicle
- Coffee and Coffee Ceremony attendance
- And, related government taxes
Pickup at your hotel is possible. Please tell us the name of your hotel with the booking
- Entrance fees to museums and churches (approximately 18 Euros per person)
And, any other expenses which are not mentioned in the included list
When visiting churches and cathedrals women should be fully dressed, cover hairs and no smoking.