What I offer: Agrigento and the Valley of the Temples cultural guided tours
Language: English, French, Italian, Spanish
Booking: Individual Bookings
Dear Visitor, my name is Giovanna and I was born in Agrigento, Sicily.
I had a classical education at high school in Agrigento. I studied to be an interpreter at the Scuola Superiore Interpreti Traduttori Silvio Pellico in Milan. I have a degree in English and French which I got at the Milan IULM University. I have studied in England (Salford University) and France (Sorbonne). I studied my Spanish in the Canary Island (Benedict School). I write and speak fluent English, French and Spanish. I have a good knowledge of German and Japanese.
I started to work in the tourist field in 1981 as a guide and as a tour leader both in Italy and abroad.
I have been an officially licensed guide of Agrigento since 1989. I’m also a licensed guide of Piazza Armerina and of Ragusa.
I love art history and archaeology which I still study in my free time in order to keep myself updated. I am also interested in botany. I travel around the world as much as I can in my free time.
When I was a child in Agrigento there were no playgrounds and my father used to take me to play at the temple of Zeus by the giant and I loved climbing onto the ruins.
When I work as a guide I aim to find out the particular interest of the people I talk to and I try to focus my explanations on the subjects of most interest to them for example mythology, architecture, art psychology, botanic, traditions, habits, food, religion.
In my long career I have been guiding successfully all kinds of people from various professions and all walks of life.
I look forward to being your private guide in Agrigento and if you are a tour operator I look forward to being the person who will guide your groups.
|01/1984 to this day||ITINERARIES IN THE AREA OF THE REGIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND LANDSCAPE PARK OF THE VALLEY OF THE TEMPLES OF AGRIGENTO:
- Standard guided tour of the Valley of the Temples (2 hours)
- Unusual guided tour of the Valley of the Temples (3 hours)
- Guided tour of the sites of the Valley mentioned by different writers primarily Luigi Pirandello (a 2hour tour)
- Guided tour of the Regional Archaeological Museum and San Nicola Hill (2 hours)
- Guided tour of San Nicola Hill (the Upper Agora) and of the Hellenistic and Roman Quarter (2 hours)
- Guided tour of the Temple of Zeus and of the area of the so called Temple of Castor and Pollux (2 hours)
- Guided Tour of Demeter and Persephones mystery cult sites (3 hours):
- FULL DAY TOUR
- Guided Tour of the medieval Old Town of Agrigento (3 hours)
- Guided Tour of the sites of the Old Town of Agrigento mentioned by Luigi Pirandello in his writings.
- Guided Tour of the Town Museum (2 hours)
- Guided Tour of Luigi Pirandello’s birth place and his grave (2 hours)
- Discover with us the most beautiful beaches of the area (3 hours or full day tour)
- Excursion to Eraclea Minoa (3 hours)
- Excursion to Piazza Armerina ( full day)
- Excursion to Taormina and Mount Etna (full day)
Please choose a date in the calendar and make a request.
If you like to book a multi-day tour, then please send your request to Guidebooker - we are pleased to make an offer to you then: Contact Form